Saint Vingt Sept No. 06 - Parallelism

You collect people.

I collect experiences.
Perfectly curated crowds.
Perfectly timed pictures.
The parallels are there because in all instances, I seem to find a faint reflection of my agenda in yours.

We prefer silence but really relish in echoes.
In halls of disgrace.
How many lines have you crossed.
And how many remedies have I tried.

Absorbing it all has ironically become my hobby.
A crotched accent of misfortunes and family tales.
You take a swing at the boundaries and thresholds.
I capture the moment in a heartbeat.
White collar shirts
And blackened necks.
We covered ourselves in the grey matter.
Opening doors I  prefer closed
Closing doors you'd rather leave open.
The paradox is comical.
We understand the absence, too lazy to stand up and close the windows.
Opportunity is not your friend or foe.
An acquaintance with the abnormality of granting you all you want in a spontaneous moment.

I'm destructive, not dumb.
I'm an alloy of thrashes on the back.
Resistant to the impact of autonomy.
Fortified by love experienced like a black and white movie.
Screaming for them to stop.
Them going on anyway.
The violence of loving people has resulted in this.
A numbness so loud it deafens the residuals.

Boy oh boy....
What a conundrum.
Yellow green and orange
Panic splashed across the ceiling
Horror falling into place.
The yearning for it to be a delusional miscalculation is burrowing through my chest.
A back peddling of some sorts.
Downhill. Legs burning. It's not working.
It's not working.
We're not working.

Yet I lie here.
Oddly placed hands.
Odd breathing paces.
Pillows hiding insecure faces.
What the fuck am I doing here?
What the fuck am I doing?


So out of place.
A painful reminder of everything I've avoided.
A harsh reality of reach.
The universe is as cruel as my Mother's sister.
Sinister dangling of everything I want but it's touched and almost already ruined by everyone before me.
Too late to the party.
Too fucken quiet to let it be known where you stand.
You're a loud comparison 
An arsenal of weapons and bruises waiting for me to drop my guard. 
Find a Crack to load your shutter 
Reach in and muddle the water for fun. 

You collect people.
I collect experiences.


You collect them too?

Comments