Saint Vingt Sept - No. 02 - Icarus the rebel

my hands are warm. 

that is not normally the case now is it?

if you have had the chance of reading a lot my literature, 

my hands are always cold. 


they aren't anymore. 

neither is my heart. 

or my head. 

or my soul 

or this dread. 


bad guys finish first 

stand up, clean up and op 

sincerely left the ideas for you and top 


something changed or rather something's in the way 

look at that 

the dissipation of your presence 

star dust in my eyes 

blinded by nothingness 


Icarus doesn't want to be a star 

Icarus doesn't want to love a star 

Icarus just wants to fly between the motions 

surpassing the peace that echoes understanding. 

Icarus wants to dance with the music booming in the blood 

shed and shared and scared to be scared 

versions of ourselves as we lie in this bed 


Icarus' plummet is nestled in the 

collide of my body and its water

crash into the nothingness of green eyes 

half smiles and unfinished lines 

practice with me? remind of what I am supposed to say? 

you are different 

I need to change my approach 

what should I say? 

yes I believe you 

yes I would rather be here 

than in my own bed? 


yes you are all that I hoped you would be 

yes you lived up to the expectation 

no I cant taste it on your lips 

no I cant smell the hurt they leave on you 

no I cant see the shatter and the scars 

no I cant see that you're drowning in the same way I am drowning 

yes I care 

no no really 


stop speaking to me? 

what do you want me to say? 

I empathize?


No, 

Icarus' purpose is not to provide a lesson 

Comfort in making misguided and rebellious mistakes 

Icarus' purpose, trope and existence is a reminder that....

if you want something bad enough, you are blind to the immediate effect but promise yourself the reward despite the approach 


To fly so close to a sun I have no interest in is poetic isn't it?

Look at me, warm hands and a hollow chest.

radiating the silence instead of reverberating it

not broken, pulverized 

dust in the eyes of my enemies 

a sandstorm for prospective lovers


I refuse to immortalize another boy. 

I am not your God.  


Comments