Kintsukuroi No. 03

            So I can start from scratch. 
            Without the backdrop of the fantasmical hero in the end. 
            To my own demise, I trusted that there would a possibility that he could redeem himself
            But that's the thing with adults right? They don't need to. 
            Honestly, I didn't think much would come from it. 
            an endless cycle of disappointment, the weary eyes piercing the middle of my back 
            In place of a knife, he applied the pressure of possibility. 
My thing is, in the wake of his philosophical and sentimentally driven 
approach to this whole life thing 
There should have been a thorn in the thigh 
A safety blanket for the ego
And really, if you think about how much he went out his way to be a good person
It should have been there.
It should have been there. 

            The weird thing is
            I knew it would pan out just like this. 
            But still...
            I will always find a reason to believe in people vs. doubting them 
            I am just programmed like this 
            You could hurt me
            Rip the earphones out of my ears 
            Take the cranberry juice from mine 
            To yours 
            swooshing the possibilities between your fingers 
Stain my crisp tees 
Stain my teeth 
Stain my life 
Stain my leaves 
I find a reason for you not to leave 
and here we are...

Hoped I would never have to reduce a fallen hero 
    fallen angel 
        fallen hills 
            and be fallen tears 
                   To use such simple words 
                        Remove such simple soils 
                               undo so much coils 
                                    God for the love of God 
                                            I have to undo twelve years of believing 

Like a prophet on a hill 
Your vision died as soon as I saw beyond you 
The fatal mistakes
Glimpses failed to make 
Taking off your glasses in the wake of a moment 
Unable to see beyond the beckoning 
Its the build up 
The grit between the teeth 
the veiled and unveiled play by play 
of this.... this casual yet so carefully misplaced comedy 
When you don't know who you are 
And they keep telling you to be yourself 
When they don't know that you are beyond tired
Barely holding on but holding on 
And they keep telling you you're wasting your life 
When all you wanted was a break 
But they keep telling you you're broken 
It is laughable, how nobody knows me 
I don't know where I would even begin downplaying the level at which I am lost 

The thing about being lost is....
It is heightened really 
How alone you become in the face of confusion 
Abandoned by direction and reason 
I am just standing there 
and it is weird because 
I genuinely can't point out anyone 
who gives a shit enough to be like '
'hey, this way'
You move 
this way 
You recover 
this way 
You adjust 
this way 
You become you 
this way

Take a step this way 
You raise your brother this way
 




Comments