Kintsukuroi No. 02

If you have received a concoction 

a play, a playlist or a spell 

Then you will understand how random 

                Yet carefully thought out that was. 

                If you have received a meal

                Advice or even a warm smile 

                Then you will remember how my eyes quivered 

                as I tried to tip toe around your feelings 

                conscious or sub-coconscious

                present or future tense 

If you have lent me an ear 

Then you know nothing. 

I don't get what I give 

And I don't labour over the absence of an alternative 

                        If you have held my wrists in a time previous to this one

                        Then you will recall that 

                        You were probably the only one who noticed 

                        Or rather, the only one brave enough to look 

                       I know you said nothing 

                       But the silence echoed above everything I once believed in 

                       Which at the time was like rhinestones pelting against my chest
                        

My lungs and my felt 

too soft to attend to 

too jaded to get through 

                                                    If you have received a concoction 

                                                    a meal, a playlist or a word 

                                                    Then you will understand that 

                                                    Sometimes it requires a lot of different 

                                                    Sensible and insensible things 

                                                    For my love to make sense 

                                                    It takes breaking down, re-imagination and a sort of magical approach 

                                                    to seeing what I see 

an undoubtable strain of insanity and alchemy

thrown into the premise of whatever 

my shape shifting mood will present you 

a crow with time to bring you pebbles

an Icarus, with an affinity for the fall 

rather than the fly. 

                                            There we go again with the digression. 





Comments