Origami No. 6 - The Butterfly

 I wanted him the way wanting someone was a sin.

I wanted him the way the sky needed the sun so that its brilliant blue would show.

I wanted him the way humans needed touch or sight or taste.

I wanted him in the way that would make my maker upset.

I wanted him the way that would boil corroding envy in the throats of the forces that made both me and him.

How dare she love so carelessly. Forgetting that there are others before this charcoal eyed boy who is just a mere mortal.


I wanted him in a dangerous way. In a, lets pack up and leave all of this bullshit behind way.

I loved him with both fear and adoration for all that he is.

I almost loved him like worship.

I loved him like the high of a narcotic. Blinding colors of euphoria splashed against my chest, lips, tongue....

Absolutely ignorant of the toxins that glided with harmony in my veins.

I loved him the way that loving someone was forbidden.

Sort of like I was close to discovering a secret kept among the gods.

I loved him so.

I love him still.


He doesn't believe me.

God if he could see his wings the way I do.

By: Clementine Anne Strachan

Comments