Origami No. 3 - The Cherry Blossom

 Baby.


Contrary to popular belief, I am not a wordsmith or a poet with the magnitude to adorn the existence of the beings in my life. I am good at twisting words the right way to highlight the lows and highs of everyone that touches my life.


but you.....


I've written the saddest shit in my life about you. Also, I've written the most honest words for you. I birthed stories of what I hoped we would be and the life we would share together. I described you eloquently and aggressively. I've denounced your being and praised your living. You swept me like a tide. Unpredictable with the force of a thousand men. You shook me.. You woke me. You showed me the hard side. And as I unraveled in defeat, I knew not that it was not you breaking me. It was not you soaking my throat in the salt of my tears. It was love. You prepared me for all that is you. You tested me. Pushed me beyond my limit. Bruised my heart red to purple. Purple. My purple heart. I purple heart you. I purple heart you. And all shades of purple too. Nostalgic of the waves that tried to drown me. Proud of the woman emerged.


I love you very much Cherry Blossom. And I understand now that for anything beautiful to bloom, the harshest of winters must be felt.


Thank you for being the winter that mattered. The winter I was waiting for.


an ode to the love of my life......


By: Clementine Anne Strachan

Comments